Hi everyone! When my first book, In for a Penny, was released, I asked for suggestions from readers for a free short story set in the world of the book. The result was this fun “five times” story (contains spoilers for the book!).
When A Lily Among Thorns came out, I did the same thing—but then Dorchester imploded and the book went out of print and I never actually wrote it. However, I’m going to! I have the story all planned (based on Steph Burgis’s request for a story about Solomon’s little sister and her stuffy fiancé—spoiler, they are virgins who DON’T immediately get the hang of it and need to figure some things out) and it will go up when Lily is rereleased in September.
And now it’s time for me to take reader suggestions for a Sweet Disorder short story! This one will go up when True Pretenses, the second Lively St. Lemeston book, comes out early next year.
I’ll take suggestions of any kind, in any format, as detailed or vague as you like. What ifs, alternate universes, missing scenes, backstory, and future scenes are all fair game. Feel free to treat your comment like a mini-brainstorming session if you want!
Legal stuff: by submitting a comment on this post, you permit Rose Lerner to develop your story idea without any expectation of financial compensation or remuneration. The resulting story will be available to readers free of charge.
Some suggestions to get the ball rolling:
1. Modern-day AU: Nick is a rentboy and Phoebe is a hardworking kindergarten teacher looking for an escape from her predictable life.
2. Ada and Sukey are trapped in a wardrobe together and things get sexy!
3. Nick and Phoebe interacting when his family is in town for Christmas when they’re both children.
4. Mr. Gilchrist and Jack Sparks accidentally swap bodies.
5. Toogood is secretly a spy!
Comment section is SPOILER-FRIENDLY!