ETA: This contest is now closed. Virginia won the basket, and Paola, Karen, Carolyn, LSUReader, and B won the ebooks.
The second book in my Lively St. Lemeston series, True Pretenses, is available again today, with a beautiful new cover! To celebrate, I’m giving away 5 e-books and a lovely gift basket of items (basket not included)…
True Pretenses is a Regency-set historical romance about a small-town heiress who agrees to a marriage of convenience with a Jewish con artist in order to get her hands on her dowry…
Through wit and sheer force of will, Ash Cohen raised himself and his younger brother Rafe out of the London slums and made them (in his unbiased opinion) the best confidence men in England. Ash is heartbroken when Rafe decides he wants an honest life, but he vows to give his beloved brother what he wants.
When Ash hears of a small-town heiress scrambling to get her hands on the dowry held in trust for when she marries, he plans one last desperate scheme: con her and his brother into falling in love. After all, Rafe deserves the best, and Ash can see at once that captivating, lonely Lydia Reeve is the best.
Lydia doesn’t know why she instinctively trusts the humble stranger who talks his way through her front door and into her life. She just knows she’s disappointed when he tries to set her up with his brother.
When a terrible family secret comes to light and Rafe disappears, Lydia takes a big risk: she asks Ash to marry her instead. Did Ash choose the perfect wife for his brother…or for himself?
The gift basket includes:
1. A paperback copy of True Pretenses.
2. A happy Hulk plush (pictured). This is a bit of a stretch but I do imagine Ash as Mark Ruffalo, so. And I own one of these Hulk plushes myself and looking at it ALWAYS makes me smile.
3. David Maurer’s The Big Con. THE authoritative book on the classic long con (in fact, the author sued the producers of The Sting for infringement and received a settlement).
4. Season 1 of Leverage, one of the best con artist TV shows of all time!
5. Orange tree mug (pictured). Full disclosure: I found this mug at a thrift store so it isn’t brand-new. But it’s just so perfect! (If you’ve read True Pretenses, you know there’s a very sexy scene set in a greenhouse filled with orange trees…)
1. Comment on this post to enter.
2. The winners will be chosen at random using random.org.
3. The 5 e-books are open internationally. The gift basket is US only.
4. Open for entries through August 14, 2017. (Book 3 re-releases August 15th! Listen to the Moon features an irrepressible maid-of-all-work and a very proper valet who marry to get a plum job.)
5. Void where prohibited.
If you’d like to be alerted when new contests go up (I typically give away romances signed by the author), you can sign up for my newsletter.